Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The same, but different

That's how I like to describe my two pregnancies.  I catch myself telling people that they've pretty much been the same except for...  How?  Let me tell ya.

With Riley.... With Jude.
No sickness...sick once (took my vitamins on an empty stomach).
Taught school....not working (this plays into the list, promise).
Stressed out...not so much stress.
NO problems sleeping....lucky to only wake up twice to go to the restroom, and then go right back to sleep.  Very lucky.
LOTS of water weight....not so much on the water weight.  I'm actually staying in the "you should gain this much during your pregnancy" guidelines.  Woo hoo me...or Riley who I constantly chase around.
Went through 2 fake rings, then stopped wearing rings all together....still wearing my real wedding ring.
No back pain...terrible tailbone/back pain through the whole pregnancy.  This could have something to do with the 20ish pounder, called Riley, I'm carrying around.
Great skin...still waiting on the great skin.
Heartburn ALL THE TIME...heartburn only when I eat copious amount of tomato sauce or garlic.
Great head of hair...Uuughh on the hair.  After Riley was born (and after it all fell out) it started growing back lighter and straighter.  It's a very weird look.  This will be remedied tomorrow when I get it cut to shoulder length.  Hopefully those curls will return.
Good amounts of movement...exponentially more movement.  This boy is either having the time of his life in there, or is trying his hardest to fight his way out.  He NEVER STOPS MOVING.  I do not exaggerate.  He is in constant activity.  I'm afraid we'll never be able to swaddle him because those little legs just don't stop.  I only felt Riley's little feet sticking out a couple of times.  With Jude, I feel the bottoms of his little feet against my belly mulitple times everyday.  Such a difference between the girl and the boy.

I've gotta say, I have really enjoyed both pregnancies.  I've been very blessed with two easy pregnancies, and one easy baby.  I hope my blessed-ness continues on the easy baby front!  Could I be so lucky?  I have a theory...I slept so well when pregnant with Riley.  Then she was born and we worked really hard to get on a schedule and get her sleeping through the night.  With Jude, I haven't slept very well.  So I'm thinking (and hoping) that he will not have trouble sleeping when he arrives and we can get on a good sleep schedule quickly.  God knows I'm going to need it with double the kids I have now!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

This is going to be really neat is say... 10 years. Makes me miss being preggers.

Don't get any sneaky ideas, though.

Tara said...

how have we switched hairs? since crawford, mine has come in darker and with a ton of wave. my pregnancies were pretty different too. would love to catch up sometime!!!!!

Jessica said...

I agree with you about the sleeping thing. I slept horribly during my pregnancy (especially in the end) and Macy slept through the night at two weeks.

I'm sending good pregnancy waves your way!