that Riley is walking? I can't remember if I've posted this or not. She has been walking for a while now (leave it to me to forget to post such important milestones in her life). Alex came over one Friday night to help us (or Woody-not me) move Jude's dresser into his room. She had been doing the "orangutan walk" (holding onto my fingers while walking in front of me) for several weeks. Hello my aching back! Anyway, he was over and helped her up to her feet after she finished reading her books, and she took off! I looked around the corner, and here she comes all independent and walking.
How has life changed for us? Well, Riley gets around a lot more these days. My activities have shifted from walking all over the house with her to walking around the house behind her and finding all things within her reach have been moved out of their places. Just the other day, I was missing my eye cream, the expensive stuff. This is a must have in the world of a pregnant woman who isn't getting all of the beauty rest she needs. I found it 2 days later under the bed in the guest room (which is about to become Jude's room).
As any mother will tell you, watching my child grow and develop has been more exciting, enjoyable, and rewarding than I ever could have imagined. I love watching her shuffle through the living room while kicking her ball, or watching her bring me a book and then trying to scoot her backside into my lap (she hasn't quite mastered sitting in my lap yet, she needs a little help). And my lower back and tailbone are much happier now that I am not hunched over 4 hours a day helping her walk. My thighs, however irritated at the time, are now become stronger due to me constantly squatting to pick up various objects from the floor and returning them to their homes. So wooo hooo for walking in the Woody house!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment