Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's a BOY!!!!!

We went for my 20 week appointment a few days before Christmas for the ultrasound.  SO FUN.  My primary concern was that everything was looking good with our new baby.  We went got into the room, Woody kept Riley entertained with some Cheerios (an all time lifesaver) while we got to watch the show.  Everything is measuring great on baby #2.  And of course they wait until the very end to tell you the sex of the baby.  Now, since I've done this once before and know what to look for, I thought for sure I would be able to tell what it was before she told us.  Wrong-o.  I kept looking for the 3 white lines or the male genitalia...nothing.  I knew I was looking at the "money shot" because I could see the little leg bones rolling around.  Finally she told us it was a boy.  Oh, I am so excited. 

Don't get me wrong, I would have been happy either way.  Having two girls would be fun too.  I am so excited that we get to experience raising both a little girl and a little boy!

No, we don't have a name yet, although we are in the narrowing down process.  This may take a while though, with us being teachers and Woody being a coach. 

I will say the little man wasn't moving around as much as Riley did.  He was pretty still and let us look at everything.  Maybe he was asleep.  But as soon as it was over, he made up for his stillness.  He moved around constantly while Dr. Smith was trying to listen to his heartbeat and I don't think he has stopped moving since.  I feel him kicking and moving around at all times of the day.  Riley was a nighttime mover, but this boy is an all-the-time mover.  Woody has even gotten to feel him moving around.  I think I was further along when he first felt Riley. 

Woody and I both agree that he might be a bit bigger than Riley (since we have felt him sooner than his sister).  We also think, with her example, he will be hitting those milestones faster than she did.  This is exciting, but also makes me tired just thinking about it.

Now about Riley Grace.  This girl has decided crawling is not for her anymore.  But since she isn't confident enough to walk by herself yet, she prefers to walk all over the house while holding my fingers...or who ever has fingers available.  Luckily, my family helped out a lot while they were here for Christmas, so my back was saved.  She spends long minutes walking all over the house with no destination in mind.  As soon as she gets to one end of the house, she'll turn around and make the same circle again.  This is a fun stage, but very wearing.  It really takes a village.  At first, I wasn't eager about her walking, but now I think I would rather chase after her than walk in a stooped over position while little man floats in the womb.  We have a riding/push toy for her, but she isn't interested in using it when she has real hands to help her.  She has had a couple of episodes where she has taken steps by herself, but only a couple, and with a fall (into someone's arms) at the end.  I foresee independent walking occurring soon in our house.  My back is really hoping for it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I bet you are so excited!!! Can't wait to hear the name! Congratulations again!

Jodie said...

Oh how exciting!!! I'm very happy for you to get to have a boy! I'm glad that you're doing well. I get to see Woody occasionally when I sub up at WJH. I miss your face though. :o)