Riley got to go to not one, but two Razorback football games this season. When we don't sell the extra two tickets we have, she has the chance to go. With 2 games at 11am this year, it fit perfectly into her schedule (because I do NOT want to mess with nap time). The weather was PERFECT, 70 degrees and sunny, in November! While we were tailgating, the mascot Tusk and his trailor arrived in the parking lot, so we went to meet him. He is very large, but doesn't stink like I thought he would. Someone near me said he was very soft, Riley and I didn't get close enough to find out.
This is her looking at the mascot on top of the trailor (where he and the cheerleaders were).
She got bashful when we got closer. I selfishly love it when she gets bashful because she gets very cuddly with me. She usually too busy to cuddle, so I really cherish those moments.
After all of the fun of tailgating, and a great lunch, she was out during the first quarter of the game. Who knew? This girl wakes up at home if I cough during her naps, but yet, she can sleep through a college football game, with the band playing, and the students in the next section (we are at the end of our row), not to mention the interception and two touchdowns in the middle of all of that!
As sweet as this was, my back was killing me after awkwardly holding her during half of the 1st quarter, all of the 2nd quarter, and half of halftime. We even have chairbacks, but I had to constantly move for people trying to get out of our row (the only downside to our tickets). Luckily, she woke up in a happy mood and lastest through all of the third quarter and most of the 4th. I was the one who threw in the towel with 5 minutes left in the game and asked Woody if he wouldn't mind leaving the game early. Being the sweet husband he is, he obliged.
So next season, I really don't see any Arkansas games in my future. Riley would be fine to go (she may get to go with her daddy), but baby #2 will only be a few months old, and because "all Razorback fans must have a ticket to enter the stadium", #2 and I will probably be staying home. I'm sure our family of 4 will be able to watch together, in a few years. Until then, I am in no hurry.





No comments:
Post a Comment