Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Child O' Mine


How has it already been 365 days since she was born?  It seems like yesterday that I was
  • carefully scouring my dog-eared, coffee stained Babywise book about what to do about naptime and wake time and eating
  • Praying daily that this would be the day I would go into labor
  • swaddling her little tiny body
  • Continuing my constant search for a nursing bra that fit (okay, that's about me, but ultimately about her)
  • Planning my day around the 3 hour loop that was eating, wake time, and sleeping. 

Now look at her!  Before my eyes, she has gone from a small helpless, depending-on-me-for-everything baby to a somewhat independent child.  People told me it would fly by, but I didn't believe it, until now. 

This morning, Woody and I took the glider out of her room and replaced it with a bookcase and the table and chairs her Nona and Poppy got her for her birthday.  Her room quickly went from a baby's nursery to a little girl's room.   I am almost at a loss for words about how this year is over.  Some days have seemed like years, but this year has seemed like a day.

Riley Grace,
You have grown faster than I ever thought was possible.  Before our eyes, you have accomplished so many milestones; like smiling, sitting up on your own, saying your first word, crawling, standing, starting solids, getting teeth, the list goes on and on.  We have loved you from the beginning, and that love has continued to grow every day since then (all 365 of them).  We are watching you becoming a happy, healthy, funny, and loveable girl.  You already have such a sweet heart and show that everyday by loving on me, your daddy, and your stuffed animals.  Watching you with smaller babies makes us so excited to see what a great big sister you will be.  We are so excited to continue to watch you grow into the big girl you are quickly becoming.

We are blessed beyond belief that God gave you to us to love and teach and mold in this life.  We love love love you.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

This made me cry... I love you, Riley!!!