Saturday, June 6, 2009

Melanie-ology


1) What is your salad dressing of choice? Italian

2) What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? Hhmmmm, probably Shogun, if we spend the money to go out to eat, I'd like to go somewhere that they can make something I can't, like Sushi.

3) What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of? Realistically, PB&J sandwiches

4) What are your pizza toppings of choice? Oh my goodness, everything but Italian sausage and anchovies. More importantly, the toppings need to be piled on high, with crisp crust.

5) What do you like to put on your toast? butter, then cinnamon and sugar...Is this all about food? I'm getting hungry.

6) How many televisions are in your house? three

7) What color is your cell phone? Black... and it may be in several pieces soon if it doesn't quit dropping calls!

8) Are you right-handed or left-handed? Lefty. And in my medical transcription, I'm learning that the Latin word for left is sinister, how interesting.

9) Have you ever had anything removed from your body? um, a birthmark and a child. :)

10) What is the last heavy item you lifted? Riley in her car seat. She's getting to be a chunk! And trying to lift her AND the seat into the Tahoe... Whew, talk about breaking a sweat.

11) Have you ever been knocked unconscious? No, but I have been put "under" for surgery... does that count? It should.

12) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Nope

13) If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I used to want to be Mallory from Family Ties. Now I would change it to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock (for all of you Friends fans out there).

14) Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? Definitely not. I leave that crazy stuff up to my hubby, since he loves hot food to the point of pain.

15) How many pairs of flip flops do you own? Um, I think 7, if you count the sandals that have the thong-shape.

16) What is/are your goal/s for the year? Lose this baby weight, all 3 pounds left YO! Finish Medical transcription...

17) Last person you talked to? Woody

18) Last person you hugged? Riley

19) Favorite Season? Summer is my favorite. Really, anything not freezing cold is fine with me, unless I'm pregnant, then I enjoy the cold weather.

20) Favorite Holiday? The whole Christmas season, not only is it Jesus' birthday, but also my daughter's and my husband's birthdays, and our anniversary. What a sweet time of year for me.

21) Favorite day of the week? Saturday. I thought I would stop living for the weekend when I stopped working, but I was wrong.

22) Favorite Month? June- not too hot yet, but still summertime

23) First place you went this morning? To the kitchen to make coffee

24) What's the last movie you saw? The Sound of Music (see two posts ago...)

25) Do you smile often? All the time

26) Do you always answer your phone? Nope. If I don't know the number, I don't answer.

27) It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it? I don't know, but someone better be in danger. The only reason I want to be up at that time is to feed Riley, and she usually doesn't want/need to be up at that time anyway.

28) If you could change your eye color what would it be? I wouldn't. I like my blue eyes, they match Riley's.

29) What flavor drink do you get at Sonic? Good question, that depends on my mood. Usually just a Dr. Pepper, but I love a Vanilla Root Beer or Diet Cherry Limeade. I wonder if the Mango-Limeade is good....

30) Have you ever had a pet fish? Yes, and I think they lasted all of 2 weeks.

31) Favorite Christmas song? "I love them all!! I can't pick just one!"- I totally agree with Jodie. But I do truly enjoy anything from Bing Crosby or the Charlie Brown Christmas CD.

32) What's on your wish list for your birthday? So many things I would like to have. But none practical enough to actually wish for.

33) Can you do push ups? How funny, I just did a P90X workout and did 105, within an hour, not in one set, that would be crazy.

34) Can you do a chin up? Only with my foot resting on a chair for support.

35) Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Excited.

36) Do you have any saved texts? Yes, I save all of the super sweet texts from Woody. The first one saved was from March of 2004.

37) Ever been in a car wreck? Unfortunately

38) Do you have an accent? Oh my gosh yes. I can't hear it, but all of my friends are nice enough to point it out for me.

39) What is the last song to make you cry? Baby Mine from Alison Krauss (Did I spell that right? probably not) while rocking Riley to sleep.

40) Plans tonight? Dinner with the girls! Woo hoo!

41) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? No, close though. I would imagine rock bottom would end with me in an institution...

42) Name 3 things you bought yesterday? um, I haven't left the house in 3 days, so nothing. But today we are going to buy Riley some more books.

43) Have you ever been given roses? Yes, Woody surprised me with roses for our engagement, then when Riley was born.

44) Current hate right now? flabby baby fat that won't leave the belly region of my body. I am determined to get back into the (not itsy bitsy) yellow polka dot bikini.

45) Met someone who changed your life? Doesn't everyone you interact with have some effect on your life? So yes.

46) How did you bring in the New Year? Worried that Riley had a fever of 106. It turns out that the thermometer that you use on the forehead is not accurate after a baby has been upset for 30 minutes... Now we know. :) Wow, fun memories. We ended up sleeping through midnight, which was rare to sleep at all during that time.

47) What song represents you? Nice, when I polled Woody, he responded "Hollaback Girl" from Gwen Stefani. I have no clue.

48) Name three people who might complete this? I don't know, but it's fun it you have a few extra minutes.

49) What were you doing 12 AM last night? Falling asleep.

50) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? A sweet cooing baby and a hot cup of coffee.





1 comment:

Kyle and Amanda said...

Hey Melanie,
First of all, your little girl is precious! I love catching up on your blog. Send me your email address and I'll add you to my blog list (mine is private). amandadrogers@cox.net

Take care!
Amanda Srygley Rogers