Friday, June 5, 2009

First Mondays


My mom and I have a tradition of going once a year to Canton, TX where they have the "First Mondays Trade Days". It is held once a month and we try to go early in the summer or late in the spring before it gets too stifling hot in central/east Texas. The only way I can describe it is a craft fair on steriods, although I hate to describe it that way since I hate craft fairs. When I think of 'craft fairs', I think about seeing the same things every 5 booths, walking in the mud that used to contain grass before it was trampled on, fighting crowds with greasy fingers from all of the fried food, and arts-and-crafts little doo-dads that will end up being trashed within a month. But this is much different, lots of higher end items and much more of a variety of everything. We love going.

So this year, Riley went too! I was a little worried about her missing her naps that day. But she did SO well. I can tell she will be a natural shopper. I put her in a cute little navy blue halter top with navy blue gingham bloomers. But because it was blue, she was called a little boy 7 times! Seriously. Do boys wear halter tops? NO. So we bought her a white bow and she was the hit of everywhere we went. She spent about half the time in her stroller and the other half in her snuggli carrier. She loved watching people. She didn't miss her naps either, which was nice for all of us. I purposely put her in the baby carrier when it was her naptime. She would stay awake for a couple of minutes, then I would feel her little head rest against my chest (what a precious feeling) and she would be out. She didn't cry at all that day, which is a very rare occurance.

She racked up on some goods too! She got lots of new things for her room, a new poodle, some bows and hats, and an "R" with ribbons hanging off of it to clip her bows to. And lots of other random items I won't bore you with. This trip left me very excited for next year. We will be sure to dress her in all pink then...

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I'm glad she was so well behaved for you too.