Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snow Days Galore

We just experienced our 11th snow day.  ELEVEN. In our 12 years here, we've never seen this many snow days. And it's only the beginning of February, so you KNOW there will be more. The first round of snow days came in December.  I ordered the kids snow suits 5 days before it was scheduled to hit.  As you can see, Jude's came in on time (Go USPS).  Riley's was 4 days late (Boo on UPS).

So Jude got to play outside. Riley only got to play outside toward the end of the snow, and after about 4 minutes, she had had enough. Jude was intent on getting to make the best snow angel possible. This would involve his Daddy picking him up and laying him in the snow so there were no footprints seen.  This boy is a stickler for perfection, something that will be a strength, but also haunt him during life.  I know this from experience.

Those guys stayed outside for more than 30 minutes. Multiple snow angels were made and a full driveway was shoveled.  We've had 3 more snow storms since these pictures were taken. But honestly, the novelty has worn off and I have stopped taking pictures of snow play. With each snow storm, Jude has continuously spent more time outside in the white powder and Riley has worked her way up to about 10 minutes.  She's such a girly girl, not liking to be uncomfortable for long amounts of time.  I love that she is a girly girl, but she'll learn quickly that being uncomfortable for a short amount of time sure does make the comfort of our circumstances that much more appreciated.

So now the district is discussing having school on a couple of Saturdays to get a leg up on those snow days. I mean, I don't want Woody to be in school until June 15th, but six days a week seems like a lot for the students AND the teachers. But I guess we will grin and bear it and be very thankful it's only one of us in school on a Saturday and not all four of us.

No comments: