This is one busy girl, so I decided we needed to chronicle a few events and things she's been up to. Last weekend was the first Arkansas football game of the season. We don't have tickets, but love to tailgate, then go home with no traffic. :o) During the day, the mascot, Tusk, and the cheerleaders came over to say hi.
Jude, this one's for you buddy. I'm sure you'll appreciate this much more in a few years. You weren't too keen on the cheerleaders, you would rather me hold you. That too will change with time, but I love it now.
When the dancers offered to let Riley hold their pom pons, she said "I need to get my real pom pons."
She spent a lot of the day arranging and rearranging her pom pons. She jumped over them, made a nest out of them, put them in a metal drink tin with the lawn flamingos and called it a bath. Her imagination was in overdrive!
This is Calah, Alex's lady. Riley loves Calah. They spent so much time together. Here Riley is showing Calah all of her friends' pictures. They played, sang, and danced all day. Soooo cute to watch. Since that weekend, Riley has been asking me to sing "The Turtle Song", introduced to her by Calah. And I have no idea how it goes. Since Calah lives in California, it might be a while before we can hear it again. :o(
Rest time with Nonna. After a rest in these anti-gravity chairs, I think all involved have been converted to this style of chair.
Boo Boo Jokes
I have no clue how this started or why. But Riley loves for us to share our "boo boo jokes" with her. Woody has to tell her at least 2 before bed every night. A boo boo joke, by Riley's definition, is a short story told about the aquisition of a boo boo. She loves them. No clue why. She never gets tired of hearing about them.
Last week, Riley got her first haircut. It isn't that she has super long hair, but there were so many varying lengths that she was starting to look pretty ragged. This is the "before" picture.
Shelly Busby with Bloomhills Studio in Bentonville cut my hair first, then Riley's hair. Sidenote: She is the mom of a former baseball player of Woody's. We've gotten to know her over the course of 3 years. She did a fabulous job on my hair. I would highly recommend her to anyone in the area. Riley held very still during the haircut. I thought I would set a good example for her, but she had no interest in watching me get my haircut, she was much happier eating fruit snacks and reading a book with her daddy. She didn't move very much at all during the cut, she just watched Shelly move and cut around her still little head. No tears, no fussing, no arguing, no talking. She was quiet and still the whole time. We could not have been more proud of her.
The "after" picture. She looks so cute with her new hair style, and I think she's pretty happy with it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment