Friday, December 17, 2010

Two!!!

Two years, already.  My oh my how life has changed tremendously in two short years.  We celebrated Riley's birthday in true 2 year old fashion, with an Elmo birthday party of course!  Riley LOVES watching Elmo's world. So why not celebrate with little Elmo's all around us?

Her party was on December 12th, the weekend before her actual birth day.  Lucky for us, most of our friends were able to make it in spite of the party being in the middle of the holiday season.  Jude got very dressed up for her.

Kellen got to come too!  Riley really really likes playing with Kellen, whom she calls "K". I don't know how she came up with that, but it stuck.  She says his name all the way to play group every Tuesday.  She even snuck a couple of kisses to him (when daddy's weren't looking of course).

Elmo!!  I made the cake, a lovely carrot cake that Riley didn't eat because this girl still doesn't like cake.  This might be from her first birthday party when she threw it all up.  My mom, Riley's Nonna decorated the cake, she did a fantastic job.  He was a hit.

Macy got to come too!  Riley hadn't seen her in a long time, so they were a little bashful at first, but fell into step pretty quickly.

Sarah really liked sporting her Elmo hat, maybe not so much, but enough for a cute picture!

Our new friend Brayden got to come too!  Jude, who is excited to have another boy his age to play with at play group, was pretty jealous of his awesome Razorback outfit.

Somehow, we did not get a picture of Riley's BFF Millie.  :(  But we did get a picture of Millie's mom (Aunt B) greeting Elmo. :)  We also neglected to get a picture of Elisa, Mallory, and Sutton.  :(  Sometimes I think I should hire someone to take pictures at these events so I make sure to get good pictures, since I am busy with other things throughout the party.  But then I remember that I am a stay at home mom and I don't have the cash for that.

Nonna and Poppi got Riley this birthday outfit.  Riley loved it, calling it her TuTu.  The party was SO much fun.  We had great company, and pretty good food too!  I love any reason to get lots of friends together, but a party for my little girl makes it a fabulous time!

Riley, you have made the past 2 years the most fun 2 years I've ever had.  You learn something new everyday!  Your vocabulary has taken off and it's so fun to hear your cute voice communicate even the simplest of desires.  You are speaking in little sentences right now.  You can tell me what you want (fruit snacks mostly), and what you want to do.  You can also ask for help when you need it.  You love Jude so much.  You play with him, tickle him, and help him learn his body parts by touching them, although you do stick to the nose and head mostly.  You share your things so well with Jude and your friends.  Your soft heart becomes more evident everyday.  We knew you would be a great big sister, but you have exceeded our expectations.  You are also a great helper.  You love to cook, clean, and help with all other kinds of housework.  You and Daddy pray together every night.  We know you are going to be a girl after God's heart and we praise Him for that.  I am still in awe that He gave you to me to love, nurture, and raise.  I truly do not deserve such a precious life.  I love you more than words can explain.  Happy birthday Riley Grace.

No comments: