I have recently decided that I spend way too much time with/ in my kitchen. I'm pretty sure that I am in there cleaning or cooking (or both) during EVERY one of Riley's naps. I do not exaggerate here. I would really like to boycott that area for 24 hours. Just 24 hours, that's all I ask. But will that ever happen? Definitely not, unless I get contaminated with this swine flu everyone is freaking out about. (more on that later) Instead, I will continue to clean it at least twice a day and cook in it more times than that. I mean, really. If I don't do it, it won't get done as that is part of my non-compensated job description.
With Riley eating more table foods, I cook all the time! But her little belly only holds so much, so I have to make small amounts of steamed carrots, sweet peas, broccoli, etc. Don't get me wrong, I make enough for a 3 day supply, but it still leaves me in the kitchen multiple hours in a day. Her current favorite is beef and mashed garlic potatoes. ~side note, that girl eats like nothing I've ever seen, and she still can't gain an ounce! She has been stuck around 17.5 pounds for 3 months now! Yes, I am feeding her whole milk yogurt, cheese, avacadoes, and everything else the dr recommended to 'fatten her up'. I am beginning to think she may just be a little girl.
Back to the point, I'm afraid that if I don't give the kitchen and it's appliances a break, my steaming pot is going to destroy itself out of complete exhaustion from being used every single day. But alas, the dishwasher needs to be emptied and Riley's highchair needs a massive cleaning. So away I go, again, into my favorite room in the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment