Thursday, November 5, 2009

A few more of my favorite things

Yeppers, I've been watching The Sound of Music again.  How can those songs not put you in a good mood (as long as you don't think about the historical significance of the Austrian Anschluss)?  I know you want to go look that up.  You can google it, I spelled it right, I promise.

Anywho, a few of my favorite things of late are:
~Riley's baby breath.  LOVE IT.  I don't know what it is about her leaning in to my face and breathing on me, but it is so sweet and cherished.  Maybe its just the idea that I get to enjoy those intimate moments with my daughter everyday. Thank you Lord that I get to stay at home with her.
~Nong Shim Korean noodle bowls- my favorite time to enjoy this sodium-filled spicy dish of goodness is around 9am.  Pregnant much?  Oh look at the time, only a few more minutes until I enjoy this late breakfast.
~Riley's personality has blossomed within the last few weeks.  She giggles at herself, me, the dogs, the wind...she is so easily amused. 
~She climbs into my lab with one of her sesame street books for me to read to her.  When I am reading, she'll look up into my face and smile so big.  Sigh, so special.
~I love this fall weather that has been so beautiful this week.  We are going to the Arkansas game this weekend and Riley gets to join us.  I will remember sunscreen this time, and she'll probably get a new pink hog hat.
~I love that Woody gets up at 6:40 every morning to get Riley out of bed and they watch about 15 minutes of cartoons while I get her breakfast ready.  They get to enjoy some good daddy/daughter time and I get to spend more time in my favorite room of the house (see last post), and make breakfast without a 17 pounder on my hip.

What a blessed life I have.

No comments: