Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Craft Fair Fun

 I have never really been a big craft fair person.  Although I will say that in October in northwest Arkansas we have "Craft Fair Weekend".  There are at least 5 craft fairs within a 30 minute drive from anywhere in NWA.  We have gone a couple of times in the past, but I'm not on of those shoppers with my craft fair cart and a list of early Christmas presents I must buy.  But this year, I really craved the atmosphere of the fall festivities.  So we called up our dear friends, the Smiths, to join us in the fun.  We met them at one of the Bella Vista craft fairs and walked around to see the booths.  Our prime goal here was to have a good time together while enjoying some fried craft fair food.  Mission accomplished.  I wish I would have snapped some pictures of Millie and Riley in their strollers just checking things out. I can never seem to get a picture of these girls being still.  :-)  I guess I'll have to get good at action shots (any suggestions are welcome here).
This is Riley's favorite perch.  Millie joined in the fun of book reading when we got back to our house.  Check out her cute dress!  I think Riley was jealous, she got called "him" twice earlier in the day due to her red cable knit sweater and multi-colored winter hat.  Why did I not attach a bow or flower to that hat?  When will I learn that the public will always call a child "him" unless there is an obnoxiously large bow or flower near or on the head?
I bought a 'craft fair soup' while there.  You know the ones.  They come in a package and all you have to add are one or two ingredients to have a lovely comforting soup.  So we bought the cheesy chicken soup and I put that together while the girls played.  I read that babies this age don't necessarily play together, but they play parallel to each other.  Apparently this is their way of playing together and it's very good for their social development.  Riley and Millie are very good at playing parallel, as seen here.  They both really enjoy reading their books together.

After we put them to bed, we ate our soup.  Then we ate a homemade chocolate cake that Brooke made for Bryan's birthday. It was soooooo good.  Every time we part from the Smiths, Woody and I both comment on how much we love hanging out with them and wish we lived closer so we could do it more often.  Okay, we only live 30 minutes apart, but with babies, those trips have to be planned.  This is part of my reason for persuading Woody to move from Bella Vista to Bentonville.  This will be a long and very thought-out coersion.  I will keep you posted.  Hee hee hee hee.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I loved reading this post! It makes me happy to remember our fun day/night. Man, can I say it again for the millionth time? That soup was SO GOOD!