Thursday, October 1, 2009

Baby number 2 (we must find a better name for it)


This morning Riley accompanied me to Dr. Smith's for my first ultrasound of the newest member of the Woody family.  She refused (again) to be put down, which made the visit all the more fun.  I thought I was being very smart by bringing reinforcements (Jessica came with us, she also sees Dr. Smith) but Riley wasn't her friend unless Jessica was constantly giving her Cheerios and juice.  When Dr. Smith turned the lights down so we could see the baby better, Riley must have been curious enough to forget that she was unhappy because she was pretty good for that 5 minutes.  I must tell you that this was in the middle of her nap, so all in all, she really did fabulously.

Dr. Smith says everything looks good~ praise the Lord.  He pinpointed my progress to 8 weeks and 2 days, and the baby is 1.8 cm long. (I remember when Riley was that small and I thought she would never get here.)  It never ceases to amaze me how much technology can tell us.  My due date is May 11th.  I secretly laugh because I would bet my next paycheck (hee hee hee) that it will not be arriving on said date.  And now, I am going to eat more pickles, hold the ice cream.

No comments: