Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Shower fun

Riley accompanied me to my old workplace, Washington Jr. High, for a baby shower for Jessica and Macy.  I always take my camera to these events and never end up pulling it out to capture any moments.  This could possibly be because of me holding a squirmy 8 month old who's only mission is to get on the floor to crawl around (which just won't happen where 13 year olds have been walking).  Anywho, Molly has a great camera and caught this cute face.  As you can see, we still don't have much hair, forcing us to wear a headband whenever we leave the house. Fortunately, she doesn't try to take it off of her head the whole time, only when she gets tired or bored.

This is what we normally see, Riley with her finger engaged between her gums.  I thought that second tooth would break the surface pretty soon after the first, but I was wrong.  You can even feel the ridges of that tooth under the thin amount of flesh still covering the tooth.  The thought occurred to me the other night as I was lying awake in bed, what happens when she has two full teeth on the bottom and she chews her food?  Do the bottom teeth hurt the top gums?  Does she even chew with those teeth yet?  Will that activity help the top teeth to emerge?  These are the things that keep me awake for hours (not exaggerating) in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Adorable pics! I'm so sad that I missed the shower... stinkin' job... I'm sure Riley had everyone ooohing and aahhing. :o)

Tara said...

ha! i've thought those same things! but crawford has had his 2 bottom teeth for a couple of months now and he chews his food just fine without any help from the upper teeth that are still trying to work their way through.
riley is such a cutie!!