On Monday, we took Riley in for her first check up and vaccinations. She did so well while the doctor looked her over. She cried when the nurse gave her the vaccinations, but lucky for us she was lightning quick with them and Riley only cried for a couple of minutes. As soon as her daddy picked her up, she was fine. I thought we were in the clear, but bought some infant tylenol just in case. So about 2:30 that afternoon, she woke up crying a cry I've never heard before. My heart just broke for her "I'm hurting mommy" woes. So after some tylenol, some nursing, and lots of love, she was her sweet self again. By that night, she was great. She didn't even flinch when we bathed her and put lotion on her legs, I thought for sure they would be sore for at least 24 hours. She's such a quick healer.
I was pretty excited to get her measurements too. She weighs 10 pounds and 7 ounces (42%), and she is 21 & 3/4 inches long (28%). In my unscientific measurements, which consist of the number of baby fat rolls and the way she fits in her Sleep N Plays, she was a long skinny baby. However, my mommy measurements have been proven completely wrong since she's shorter than other babies but about average in her weight. I think she's going to be a little girl. I feel for her. I remember trying every year to stand up and be as tall as possible for class pictures in elementary school. I wanted to be in that coveted back row, you know, the one for the vertically graced. Instead, the photographers saw through me each year and I ended up in the front row, the row for the short kids. :( I think she may end up with the same fate.
But she's healthy, and that's the best thing we can hope for.
1 comment:
What a big girl! That's so scary. Millie still hasn't started hers but will at her next appt. I'm reading that book I bought and will share any good info next time we visit. She's so brave!
Post a Comment