Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Big girl naps

Yesterday was the most extraordinary day Riley has had yet. She nursed very well (not so unusual) and she went down for naps in her crib for the first time. As I was putting her down for her first nap, she was wide awake. I thought, for sure, she would end up in her swing or with me holding her. So I laid her down, turned on her sound machine and left the room. I didn't hear a peep from her. I checked on her about 10 minutes later and she was sleeping like an angel. She continued this phenomenal behavior for the rest of the day! Amazing. She didn't cry all day long, until 7:30 because she was dirty. Again, amazing. She has set the bar high for herself because now we know she can do it. Now I'm wondering if we should move her into her nursery for the night time sleeping too...

Unfortunately we have not been having the same luck today. She has already made it into the swing as her crib was unsuccessful (even after running the vacuum and the sound machine). Hopefully her next feed, wake, sleep cycle will be a repeat of yesterday and not this morning!

No comments: