Part of our "Staycation" this year led us to the Mid-American Museum of Science, a great place to kids to get their hands on everything. It was a blast for all four of us. I'm pretty certain that this museum was build in the mid-70s and hasn't been updated since. The soft earth tones on all surfaces just screamed "I Love the 70s and I'm not giving them up!" Oh, and I remember those colors when I visited this place as a child.
Riley and Jude emerging from the "Earthworm hole" where they climbed through a tunnel conveying what an earthworm would encounter in it's dig.
I can't even remember what they were looking at here, but how cute is this? We also learned on this trip that the camera on my phone is terrible and only takes pictures in sunlight with subjects that don't move. And since these two weren't still during our entire visit, this led to blurry pics. Boo.
If I could hang three old fridge doors with that many magnets, these three would be busy for hours at a time. I only got them away from it by bribing them with the gift shop.
The bottle rocket display was maybe their favorite. Hold the empty water bottle at the end and listen to the pressure build. Then when you release the bottle, it shoots up it's course. Can we have a minute for all of that curly hair? Both get major haircuts halfway through the summer.
Watching the balls suspended in mid air.
Shadows.
More shadows.
Tyrannosaurus Rex!!! The special exhibit this summer was dinosaurs. The kids are very into dinosaurs right now and I thought they would love it. Turns out, those big mechanized models are far scarier than we thought they would be. Even Woody was frightened.
The only way I got these two even close was by holding Jude and blocking Riley from the sheer terror of those recorded roars. Our scared faces. Once the kids got into the area and saw the baby dinos, they were pretty excited and into it.
This thing was not nearly as exciting as I remember it being. But all in all, so much fun for all of us. The kids were ready to go back the next day. They might have to wait until next summer.








No comments:
Post a Comment