Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Rileyism

Wow.  This lack of pictures is really thwarting my desire to blog.  I guess I'll have to be as descriptive as possible in my language until I figure out how to post more pics.

Last night as I was finishing the preparation of dinner, I asked Riley to put forks on the table.  This is one of her new responsibilities as a productive member of the family.  So she got three "big girl' forks and one "baby" fork for Jude (just meaning that it's plastic and not the kind we use).  Then I hear her say "Jude and I are going to use these picker-uppers."  I turned around to see two sets of chopsticks in her hands. I laughed until my guts hurt.  What a great use of vocabulary for that girl!  I don't recall every using that term, or hearing it lately for that matter.  But she got her point across, so mission accomplished.

No comments: