A couple of weeks ago, Riley and Millie had their first sleepover. SO exciting!! Riley looked forward to this for almost 2 weeks. My only concern was bedtime, like all first time sleepover moms. They got in bed later than normal, around 9:15. After our normal bedtime routine, we told the girls they could stay up and talk, but needed to stay in bed. Uh huh. They look really tired in this picture don't they?
This is their "I'm asleep" pose. I love Millie's face here. We left the bedroom door open so we could hear them. Around 10:15, I heard some commotion so I went in. They were sitting in the floor playing with baby dolls. So I told them to get back in their beds and that it was time for sleep, so no more talking. Around 10:45, I heard them moving around, so I went in again. They were silently sitting at Riley's table having tea. I had a hard time not giggling with them because it was just too cute. That is a strong desire to play when you will willingly have make believe tea silently. Finally, I gave up at 11 and went to bed. As I lay in bed I thought, I will probably always be the first to fall asleep at these sleepovers. I assume they went to sleep after that since I didn't hear them again...
All smiles and hugs the next morning.
They were making breakfast for us in Riley's kitchen.
Even Jude got in on the fun. We are looking forward to more sleepovers. I might even stock up on the caffeine beforehand so I can stay up and enjoy the fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment