Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow-mageddon

When did I move to a snowglobe?  Last week, we got several inches of snow on a Tuesday morning and another several inches Friday.  Woody was out of school for 4 days last week!  CRAZY.  I am tired of the beautiful white stuff keeping me from leaving the house.  I am ready for spring, which the groundhog promised would come early this year.  Whatever groundhog.  The picture above is out our front door.  Yes, that is a car, stranded, in almost the middle of the road.  It stayed there for 36 hours.  Woody helped them pull it out of the rutt they were in.  After 45 minutes of shoveling, manuevering, and towing, they finally got it down the street to it's home. 

Woody spent several hours shoveling snow off of our driveway.  Since it was in a pile, why not make an igloo?  So he spent another few hours packing the snow down, hollowing it out, and making it a perfect winter fort to play in.  Riley was very excited about it, although this picture is more of a smirk than smile.What she lacks in verbalization, she more than makes up for in personality.

Inside the igloo.  She could completely stand up in it.  Oh, and this snowsuit is from last year.  It's a 12 month size, but this is what we had.  Luckily her boots covered the part of her legs that the suit didn't.

I love the "73B" address and flags.  For a guy, Woody has some great decorating skills.

By Friday morning, we HAD to get out of the house.  This was just above the state line in Missouri.  Notice the nice, cleared road?



And this would be just under the state line in Arkansas.  I see a bit of difference in the road maintenance between the two states.

Now that school is back in session (most of them anyway), we will get just back into the swing of things before another round of winter parcipitation comes through on Wednesday.  They are predicting 3-8 inches.  Will it end soon or did I wake up in a twilight zone state of winter that will never go away?

No comments: