Thursday, November 4, 2010

No Autumn is complete without....

FOOTBALL!!!!  We do love some football.  Of course, we are loyal to the Razorbacks.  Once upon a time, when we were DINKs (Double Income, No Kids), we had season tickets to the U of A games.  Tailgating was half the fun and luckily, we still get to do that.  But this weekend, Alex and Mom and Dad gave us their extra tickets so the 4 of us could make it a family affair. 

Riley was very excited to be there.  She enjoyed watching all of the actvities with the band and alumni (it was homecoming).  We had SUCH a busy day that day with Millie's 2nd birthday party that morning, tailgating that afternoon, and the game that night.  I knew we wouldn't last for the whole game, but I thought we'd get a good bit in before we had to leave for bath and bed time.

Going, going....
He was so tired.  He had dinner just before we walked to the stadium, not to mention the busy day.  We knew it wouldn't take long.

Gone.  He was out for maybe 30 minutes, but with so much going on and so many faces to smile at, he wanted to get back into the action.  He flirted with the girls sitting behind us the whole time.  They were loving it.

Before the game started, they were showing random people in the crowd on the Jumbotron.  They were in the student section next to us, and the camera man asked if it was okay that he film her.  Wasn't that nice of him?  I appreciated it, although I wouldn't have minded if he didn't.  I wish I would have snatched Riley from my mom so that the four of us (Woody, me, Riley and Jude) could have had a family shot.  But that's okay.  I'm sure mom and dad loved it. Maybe next time?

We lasted until the middle of the 2nd quarter when Jude was getting fussy because he was tired and getting hungry.  And Riley was falling asleep on Dad's lap.  While this was cute, we had a 35-40 minute drive ahead of us before bath and bedtime.  And if Riley doesn't get good rest on Saturday night, taking her to her Sunday school class the next day is not very fun, and sometimes not successful at all.  So with that in mind, we left before either got too fussy.  We had a great great day on Saturday and we look forward to next year when we might get to go as a family again!

1 comment:

Little S said...

The picture of Riley is SO cute. You can see the excitement in her eyes. What a fun family tradition!