Riley has expressed interest in feeding herself lately. She does this by reaching for the spoon while grunting at us... This is our first attempt at it. Not too shabby! She was eating mashed potatoes here, although you wouldn't know it because they all miraculously made it into her mouth. Not so lucky with our next attempt.
Aw, how we love our yogurt. This is attempt #3. Maybe I should call them "sessions" since she is getting the food into her mouth, so attempt seems like the wrong word. She is getting really good at scooping the food onto the spoon, but then she turns the spoon upside down into order to get it onto her tongue. In this process, she tends to lose some of her yogurt where it falls on her bib, or lap, or tray...
Look at those hands. She went straight to the bathtub after this. I learned the hard way that yogurt is very sticky when it dries on the skin. And as for the one lone tooth on top...it's match is coming in slowly. I think it's been without its partner for coming up on 3 months now. At some point, I'm expecting multiple teeth to appear at once. I mean, she is 13 months, and only 3 teeth. I read that babies who get their teeth later tend to have healthier teeth, so I'll take it.
So funny that she opens her mouth way before the spoon gets near it. She is using both hands to eat with. It's almost a set pattern of two bites with the right hand, then two with the left. Still no clue as to what hand will be dominate. Maybe she'll truly be ambidextrious.




1 comment:
OMG! That pic of her with the tooth shining is my new favorite. SOOOOOOOO cute!!!
Post a Comment