Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sunday Baseball

One of Woody's players gave us two tickets to the game on Sunday. The seats were awesome! We sat in fold-out chairs in the handicap row, so we had a great view, room to stretch, and didn't have to bother anyone when we left our seats.

Yes, I know. Why would you put that little girl in a blue baseball cap? She looks just like a boy. Well, the STL on the hat is in pink, and her outfit is unmistakably a girl's outfit, and we needed to protect that precious face from the sun. She was digging on her sippy cup. She loves some apple juice. This picture was taken before we put the hat on her. Truth be told, the hat was on and off about 4 times since it was cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy, the sunny.... you get the point. She doesn't really mess with her sunglasses when I put them on her. I hope she continues that.
She missed her nap because of the game. But she did make it through the whole game. I thought she might put her head on my chest and take a little bit of a nap, but I was wrong. There was so much for her to look at, and people walking by behind us talking to her, that she was too stimulated to rest. A few different times during the game, she would lean up against me and suck her thumb for about 5 seconds, then get back to talking and looking around. This girl is not lacking in personality.

I love this picture. I think it's a framer. Funny story about our shirts. We got that shirt for Woody a couple of years ago. We went on Saturday to get my first ever Cardinals t-shirt. I really liked this red shirt. Apparently I liked it the most twice since we got back to the hotel room and I saw that Woody had the same shirt in reverse color. I kind of felt silly wearing the same shirt (we aren't one of those couples that tries to match or wear the same thing). But who am I kidding? No one is looking at us, they are all looking at Riley.






1 comment:

Brooke said...

That picture of Riley on your chest should be in a frame next time I come to your house. What a fun trip! She's going to be a baseball girl!