Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New best Friends

My new best friends: Lanolin and my Snugli.

The Lanolin for obvious reasons. Nursing has become quite literally a pain. The next time I go to the dentist, they're gonna ask me why I've been grinding my teeth.

Riley has become pretty fussy in the last few days. It could be that she hasn't had much luck pooping on a regular basis. Or it could be that she's a baby and is going to cry... a lot. Today I discovered the snugli used in conjunction with the vacuum cleaner works wonders. But as I am typing this, I am learning that she will only stay asleep while the vacuum cleaner is on. She's back at her crying game... Will write more when I get this all figured out. Surely there is a trick to get her to stop crying, I just haven't found it yet.

3 comments:

Kelley and Melissa said...

Melanie, if you figure out how to get Riley to stop crying, please fill me in. I was starting to think that Mia was the only crier in all my friends' babies! Nursing has really been hard for me! I am actually seeing a lactation consultant tomorrow for some help and some clear answers to all my questions!! I can't believe I am doing that, but I need help before I give up! Maybe tonight I will try the vacuum so that I can get a little sleep!

Tara said...

as i am being reminded over and over, every baby is different. but, i have to say that both of my kids respond well to the 5 S's from the happiest baby on the block(think that is the title). when crawford is all fussy, i hold him close to me on his side, put his paci in his mouth and go "shh, shhh, shh" while bouncing him. it seems to work. something about it mimicking the familiar surroundings of the womb
5 S's are: side, swaddle (holding him close so he can't move around) suck (paci), shhh and i think swinging (bouncing, whatever)
both bailey and crawford prefer(ed) me to walk around with them instead of try to bounce while sitting.
it's worth a try :)
but you are right, babies just cry a lot. seriously, i had no idea how much until bailey was born. crawford tries to cry as much as bailey but i am able to comfort him more quickly.

Jodie said...

If you can figure out how to get her to stop crying you can make a lot of money! I'm glad you're doing well. That picture of her after the bath was so cute! I laughed about the no hair thing. Lillie didn't seem to get any hair until she was at least 18 months old! I was starting to get worried. Take care & give that baby a hug from me.