I have something in common with camels. No, it isn't my smell or spitting. We both hold lots o' water. Now, don't get me wrong, I have had a very easy pregnancy. I've never gotten sick, I feel good a vast majority of the time, and people keep telling me I am a cute pregnant woman (who am I to argue?) But I do hold lots of water. Luckily, I am not holding it in humps on my back, but in my legs, ankles, and feet.
I have been eating right (most of the time), and have been diligent about doing yoga at 5:20am on 4 mornings a week. I drink water like it's going to run out before sundown. So I shouldn't be gaining mega amounts of weight. Uh huh. I got on the scale for my weekly weigh-in. I've gained 5 pounds this week. And since my pre-pregnancy pants still fit, I know I'm not holding the extra lbs in my butt or hips. So where in the world am I hiding this weight? Well, of course the belly is holding some weight, but I just want to believe it's all this water and swelling in my lower legs.
I'm holding out hope that the cooler weather will help some of this water retention go away. If not, I guess I'll be that woman that brags she lost 25 pounds before leaving the hospital (because its all just water)...
1 comment:
Loved the camel comparison! Made me chuckle. (I really just like the word chuckle.) :o)
Post a Comment